Automatic theme update:
- Be sure to have the Envato Market plugin installed
- Create your API key
- Click on Envato Market on the left column
- Once you add the API key in the settings page, you can update your theme from the main Envato Market page
- If you are using the CHILD theme, DO NOT activate SONIK after the update, as it will switch to the parent theme activation. Once theme is updated, the procedure is concluded, and you can update the plugins with the procedure below.
- Be sure to update all the required plugins (go in Theme Dashboard > Plugins)
- The child theme doesn’t need to be updated. More info
Child theme update:
Normally child themes don’t have to be updated. If you had the old version of the Sonik child theme ( Sonik 1.0.4 or older), which was not loading the styles.css of the child theme, you can update the child theme as well.
To update the child theme, you can replace the folder via FTP, replacing it in wp-content/themes/sonik-child
If you added changes to your child theme, you can simply add a new line of code in the file functions.css:
wp_enqueue_style( ‘child-style’, get_stylesheet_uri() );
This line of code needs to be added right after this:
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
You can download new updates from Themeforest.net/downloads for as long as the product is maintained
A full file and database backup is recommended before updating.
No pages or site contents are deleted when updating themes or plugins.
If you used the child theme, just replace the main theme file and leave the child theme intact.
1. Unzip the theme folder on your local computer (for example on the desktop)
2. Backup your old theme version located in wp-content/themes/sonik
3. Upload the theme via FTP replacing the old theme folder
Each update version contains the list of changes.
Before updating please check the file changelog.txt located in the main theme folder.