This theme is very easy to translate as the .mo .po (pot) files are provided within the language sub folder of the theme.
In the main theme folder in wp-content/themes/sonik you’ll find a “languages” folder.
It contains a model to translate the theme using Poedit or other .mo .po translation softwares.
1. Start up Poedit.
2. In Poedit goto File -> New from POT/PO file…
3. Select and Open the pot file from the languages folder.
4. Enter your name, email address, your language and country (i.e. French fr_FR, German de_DE) to the setting form.
5. Click the Update button in the main Poedit UI.
6. Save the file:
– For a plugin like filename-xx_XX.po with xx_XX for your language and country.
– For a theme xx_XX.po
7. In WordPress Admin, settings -> general set the language of your country.
8. That’s it, go to your WordPress blog and see your translation in action. N’joy your blogging!!!
Please remember to create the translation file of the plugin QT Extension suite. Its .pot file is in
– Save it as qt-extensions-suite-xx_XX.po with xx_XX for your language and country.
For more information please visit: https://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress
You can download Poedit here: