We recommend, as global WordPress guideline, to backup the site before the updates, and to verify that your server respects the requirements. In case of any issue, please use our server check plugin, included with the theme.
Automatic theme update:
- Be sure to have the Envato Market plugin installed
- Click on Envato Market on the left column and follow the instructions for obtaining your API key
- Once you add the API key in the settings page, you can update your theme from the main Envato Market page
Automatic plugins update:
Child theme update:
The child theme doesn’t need to be updated. More info
You can download new updates from Themeforest.net/downloads for as long as the product is maintained
A full file and database backup is recommended before updating.
No pages or site contents are deleted when updating themes or plugins.
If you used the child theme, just replace the main theme file and leave the child theme intact.
1. Unzip the theme folder on your local computer (for example on the desktop)
2. Backup your old theme version located in wp-content/themes/onair2
3. Upload the theme via FTP replacing the old theme folder in wp-content/themes
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to update the plugins
- After the theme update go in the Plugins page
- Follow the instructions prompted at the top of the page
Plugins are downloaded automatically from WordPress.com or from QantumThemes.xyz. In some rare cases you may see a message saying “Connection denied” or similar. If this happens, the firewall on your server is not allowing your WordPress to download the new plugins. In this case, you have to ask your server provider to allow the connections to WordPress and to Qantumthemes.xyz and Qantumthemes.com. For a complete automatic check please use our Server Check plugin.