A Release is not a track, but a COLLECTION of tracks, like an EP, an LP or a compilation. You can also create a single track release.
In this theme there is not the possibility to create tracks “by itselfs” because releases are globally the way to organize the modern music market.
You can create a release in 2 ways: manually or importing it from Beatport.
Please note that the standard way to import a release is by creating it manually. The Beatport Import system is experimental, and is not a real feature of the theme. No warranties are provided about the Beatport API functionality.
How to create a Release manually:
- Login to your WordPress wp-admin
- Click “Release > Add New”
- Fill up title and descriptions
- Insert the basic informations for each track. You can add infinite tracks by clicking the “Add Another” button.
- For each track, compile the Authors field. Note that autors will be automatically linked to the Artists pages that has the sam title as a track’s author. Pay attention at the typo mismatch, if the author is not well written, the theme won’t be able to recognize correctly an author. This author name is also needed to create, into an author’s page, the list of the releases where he has some tracks in.
- For each track, you can upload your MP3. Optionally, you can only fill the field with an absolute mp3 url.
For the release created by Beatport importer, only the release artwork will be downloaded int your server. The mp3’s are only linked by the public mp3 preview url using the Beatport API public service. Qantumthemes or Envato are not responsable for the Beatport Api service, that is included only for your commodity and is not a basic theme features. Consider it only a “bonus” because the service is in “beta” version.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: on the web, it’s impossible to prevent something to be stolen, because there is always the way to reach a content if it is published. To prevent your tracks to be stolen, never upload full quality 100% long tracks.
You can upload a cutted preview at 128 k (or 96 k) or you can upload watermarked audio previews (like audiojungle does).
- Uplaod a featured image (squared, at least 400 px width for a good result).
- Save, publish and verify your release. Any track can be played clicking the play button.
- Any track is automatically added to the playlist of the tob bar player.